RN Supervisor - Heart & Vascular Institute Interventional Radiology
Posted on: November 11, 2021
The HVI Procedure Service Line Supervisor maintains
accountability for daily operations and delivery of patient care
through supervising, leading and mentoring staff. Serves as a
professional leader, role model and expert resource to department
staff, supports team as needed, and assists with personnel actions,
staff development, evaluation and counseling/coaching.
- Ensures adherence to established standards of care and scope of
- Works with staff, Manager, Human Resources to resolves work
- In collaboration with the Manager recommends various personnel
actions including but not limited to hiring, clinical ladders,
performance appraisals, promotions, and participation in unit
- Supports the Manager in collecting information for
accreditation surveys and departmental audits. Actively assists the
Manager with implementation of the recommended changes.
- Completes Performance evaluations
- Responsibility for monitoring and developing efficient daily
workflow for assigned service line. Collaborates and partners with
Supply Chain Management and Purchasing across the organization.
Ensures appropriate equipment and supplies are available for all
cases. Provides direct support to the Physicians and staff who are
performing patient care.
- Responsible/Accountable for procedure suite efficiency related
to service line (s) to Include: a) on time starts in collaboration
with Specialty Team; b) Reviews future procedure schedule to ensure
appropriate equipment/supplies are available for all cases in
collaboration with Inventory Staff.
- Oversight for department staffing schedule needs in accordance
with budget and target guidelines proactively reviewing future
schedules (next day, three days, and one week in advance). To
include: daily Kronos edits and final sign off every other
- Responsible/Accountable in collaboration with the Unit Educator
and Inventory Manager for staff education and training related to
Service Line Specific Workflows, Capital Equipment, and
- In collaboration with the Lead Rad tech’s and educator ensures
staff members are adequately trained and are competent to perform
all required job tasks.
- Responsible/Accountable for service line equipment needs, in
collaboration with the providers and Inventory Manager.
- Responsible/Accountable for staff and physician satisfaction in
conjunction with HVI efficiency and workflow related to service
line, facilitating a smooth process for every patient.
- Participates in the HVI-VAT process.
- Works with RT Lead to maintain a reasonable supply inventory
for procedure rooms/assigned service line.
- Provides input to the Inventory Manager for equipment
- Assists management in maintaining and developing a budget for
supplies and equipment.
- Maintains constant flow of communication with procedure center
staff and providers regarding patient or supply issues.
- Serves as administrative call for specialty area
- Supports and enforces organization standards and requirements
including but not limited to, compliance regulations, fire,
safety/disaster programs, and infection control.
Keywords: CARLE, Normal , RN Supervisor - Heart & Vascular Institute Interventional Radiology, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!