Diabetes Education RN - Diabetic Education
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: November 18, 2022
The Diabetes Educator has the responsibility to support and ensure
the implementation of education for the diabetic patient inthe
outpatient setting. Functions as a resource for diabetes
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) License Illinois upon hire and
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days and Certified Diabetes
Educator within 2 years.
3-5 years of nursing experience required
Possesses strong organizational skills. Communicates effectively
and works collaboratively with others.
- Provides health assessment for patients directed toward
continuing a state of wellness, establishing the need for nursing
intervention, and evaluating responses to and outcomes of therapy
and following mutually agreed upon medically delegated treatment
plan for the Diabetes Education Program.
- Provides diabetes education to patients one- on-one, in groups
- Develops, reviews, updates and implements educational materials
to meet the needs of patients and professionals.
- Ensures documentation of education is complete and
- Collaborates with patients, families, and/or significant others
in establishing mutual learning goals and behavior change
- Communicates education and follow-up recommendations to
physicians and other health care providers within
- Maintains the National Diabetes Advisory Board (NDAB) Standards
in order to maintain the Education Recognition Program
(ERP)certificate from the American Diabetes Association.
- Serves as a resource in diabetes management for the healthcare
- Participates in planning and conducting community service
projects and programs.
- Advises and participates on patient education committees for
specific patient populations as needed.
- Develops and maintains inventory of patient education
- Maintains knowledge of current developments, trends and
techniques in diabetes management and education and makes
recommendations regarding use in diabetes program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted. With an approved exemption,
healthcare workers must do weekly testing and verify a negative
Keywords: Carle Health, Normal , Diabetes Education RN - Diabetic Education, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!