Patient Registration Specialist Outpatient - BMC Pt Access
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Responsible for obtaining registration information, insurance
information and verification, and authorizations from new and
established patients. Responsible for screening, scheduling and
directing patients to appropriate providers and services. Conveys a
positive image of Carle and providers information to patients to
fully utilize and benefit from Carle services both on the telephone
and face-to-face and to ensure that needs of patients are met.
Checks patients in upon their arrival for scheduled appointments
and facilitates up-front collection of co-payments.
Two (2) years of relevant business, healthcare or finance work
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Must have strong communication skills and work well with all
employees and the public at large; observes high standard of
confidentiality. Must maintain positive attitude when working.
Ability to deal with a large volume of calls and multiple tasks
concurrently; memory for details essential. Must be able to
prioritize and complete tasks under stressful conditions with
interruptions. Ability to accept and implement change and function
in instances where decisions are not always apparent. Required to
apply routine decisions to defined problems. Responsible for
selecting courses of action that have substantial effect on
customer satisfaction and revenues, where decisions are guided only
by general policy; required to deal with issues of a complex
nature, requiring good judgment. Must be self-motivated and
dependable, must possess knowledge and skills to work effectively
with patients and their families.
- Accurately and efficiently completes registration for new and
- Checks patients in upon their arrival for scheduled
- Accurately explains and completes registration and admitting
forms. Obtains signatures from patients and policyholders. Explains
and gets patient signatures for Consents, Assignment of Benefits,
ABN's and Notice of Non Coverage forms.
- Performs tasks related to cash drawer management including
- Requests, locates, sends and receives patient medical records
- Understands computer applications common to the desk
- Receives all incoming telephone calls.
- Checks patients out in a prompt and friendly manner.
- Demonstrates customer service excellence in accordance to Carle
- Adheres to and enforces Carle policies and procedures.
- Attends meetings to enhance knowledge.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to and enforces Carle Foundation Administrative and
Departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates competency in all aspects of the Patient Services
- Suggests ways to improve processes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted. With an approved exemption,
healthcare workers must do weekly testing and verify a negative
Keywords: Carle Health, Normal , Patient Registration Specialist Outpatient - BMC Pt Access, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!