Admissions Specialist - CWP Ortho/Sports Med
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: November 18, 2022
The Admissions Specialist coordinates and participates in a variety
of duties associated with daily clinic preparation process, patient
identification, patient check in, charge posting, cash management
and basic patient appointment scheduling. Conveys a positive image
and provides information to ensure patients' needs are met.
Previous public contact position, basic computer skills, and
experience using fax machine, copier and other general office
- High School Diploma/GED preferred or two (2) years of
experience in lieu of education
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge of administrative processes, procedures, claims
processing and preparing patient charts. Ability to: Make decisions
and solve problems; Understand and implement insurance
requirements; Use a multi-line phone system; Troubleshoot and
problem solve; Prevent, calm and/or defuse irate callers and
patients working with them to identify concerns and properly direct
to the appropriate staff. Well-developed written and verbal
communication. Excellent customer service and interpersonal
communication skills. Understand the important of maintaining
confidentiality and HIPAA standards. Knowledge of staff
responsibilities to accurately direct callers.
- Welcomes patients, clients and visitors, determines the purpose
of the visit and directs them to the appropriate person or
- Manages the check-in and check-out process, collecting all
relevant patient information for services.
- Schedules physician visits according to the facility scheduling
- Promptly and professionally answers telephone calls. Routes
calls appropriately offering voicemail or redirection of calls as
- Phones staff to meet visitors and directs visitors to
- Facilitates patient flow and communicates delays with patients
and clinical staff.
- Follows all Practice Policies on safety and security; maintains
- Appropriately and courteously screens solicitors for relevance
to practice needs.
- Explains financial requirements to patients or responsible
parties and collects co-pays as required.
- Responsible for keeping the reception area and office area
clean and organized.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted. With an approved exemption,
healthcare workers must do weekly testing and verify a negative
Keywords: Carle Health, Normal , Admissions Specialist - CWP Ortho/Sports Med, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!