Pharmacist - Carle BroMenn Medical Center
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 20, 2023
The Clinical Pharmacist I will be responsible for overseeing the
preparation & dispensing of medication, medication order computer
verification, the monitoring of patient medication therapy, and
acting as a resource for the provision of medication information
for patients, and health care professionals. The pharmacist
identifies, recommends, resolves, and prevents medication-related
Doctorate in Pharmacy or Bachelor's Degree in and 3 years relevant
clinical experience and
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Pharmacist License Illinois, Unrestricted upon hire
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Demonstrates strong leadership and communication skills. Supports
and motivates others to take actions that support and reflect the
core values and desired future state. Strong working knowledge of
all aspects of clinical pharmacy operations. Ability to problem
solve and facilitate agreement. Proficient in the review and
analysis of clinical information to provide optimum pharmaceutical
outcomes for patients.
- Ensure safe and effective pharmacotherapy by intervening as
appropriate to improve prescribing, administration, and monitoring
practices in the facility as related to medications.
- Interpret physician medication orders and facilitate order
verification and dispensing of medications in a timely and accurate
- Screen medication orders for potential interactions with other
medications, diet orders, disease state, or stated allergies.
- Provide clinical medication consultation and clarification for
practitioners; recommends appropriate and cost effective medication
- Make dose recommendations based on age, weight, and other
patient specific factors.
- Oversees the preparation and dispensing of medications.
- Provide Medication Therapy Management Services as defined in
the Illinois Pharmacy Practice Act
- Provide accurate and complete accounting of all controlled
- Serve as drug information resource for other healthcare
- Participates in quality improvement projects.
- Perform clinical interventions.
- Assist in the training and orientation of all new employees as
- Maintains appropriate licensure requirements, continuing
education requirements, competency requirement and updates
knowledge/skills on a regular bases by participating in
departmental meetings, educational programs, in-services.
- Participates in medical code or other response teams as
directed by department procedures.
- Participates in decentralized care of patients.
- Participates in site antimicrobial stewardship strategies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Normal , Pharmacist - Carle BroMenn Medical Center, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!