Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 20, 2023
$5,000 Sign on bonus
To perform routine radiographic procedures on designated portion of
the body for use by physicians in diagnosing and treating patient
illness and/or injury to ensure patient safety and quality care.
The role of the radiology technologist I is to ensure Customer
Satisfaction, to support an atmosphere of respect and
professionalism among other associates, including students from the
School of Radiology along with performing advanced imaging in
Surgery and Fluoroscopy.
Associate's Degree in Radiologic Technology or Certificate in
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
IEMA Radiography License upon hire
Radiography (R)(ARRT) within 3 months
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Must achieve proficiency in various HIS/RIS systems within 30 days.
Effective interpersonal skills
- Position and immobilize patient on examining table.
- Take thorough and accurate patient medical histories.
- Assists radiologists with routine fluoroscopic and/or invasive
- Position imaging equipment and adjust controls to set exposure
time and distance, according to specification of examination.
- Initiates request for emergency medical support as indicated by
patient condition; this is to include code blue, rapid response,
- Transports patients into and out of department as
- Checks film quality to assure optimal quality is attained and
correct film labeling is provided.
- Performs quality control activities, responds to inquiries,
coordinates patient flow, and communicates with staff radiologists
and other hospital personnel to ensure exams are completed in a
- Prepares radiographic/fluoroscopic rooms for procedures,
maintains equipment, and supplies as required.
- Reports deficient inventory of supplies and linen to Lead
- Labels radiographic films according to department quality
assurance standards and criteria.
- Provides direction and instruction to students in general
- Maintains positive guest relations and telephone etiquette
following prescribed departmental policies and procedures.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Normal , Radiologic Technologist, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!