Ortho Tech/CMA - Ortho/Sports Med
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 20, 2023
$500.00 Sign on bonus - External only
Responsible for providing care for patients including assessment,
treatment, care planning and medical care evaluation by following
standards and practices. Assists physicians, mid-levels and other
staff in coordinating patient care.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) National Health Career
Association (NHA), National Association for Health Professionals
(NAHP), American Medical Technologists (AMT), American Association
of Medical Assistants (AAMA), National Center for Competency
Testing (NCCT), American Allied Health (AAH) or The American
Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA) upon hire or Registered
Medical Assistant (RMA) National Health Career Association (NHA),
National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP), American
Medical Technologists (AMT), American Association of Medical
Assistants (AAMA), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT),
American Allied Health (AAH) or The American Registry of Medical
Assistants (ARMA) upon hire.
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of hire.
Previous experience in the medical field a plus and medical
- Cares for and assists patients as appropriate, brings patient
care issues to the providers attention.
- Cleans and stocks exam rooms.
- Obtains and documents a proper intake including but no limited
to patient's health history, vital signs, and health risk factors,
assesses condition via MORSE fall scale or Oswestry pain scale as
- Provides patient education materials, communicates physician
advice/instructions to the patient the patient.
- Obtains patient consent for care/in office procedures.
- Sets up and assists with office surgeries and procedures
including but not limited to: US injections, C-arm injections and
fracture closed reductions, podiatric office procedures.
- Cast and splint application, removal and patient
- Dressing changes and applications with patient education.
Suture and staple removal.
- Fits patients with boots, braces and other DME items as ordered
by the provider. Provides patient education specific for the
- Prepares injections.
- Obtains all lab, imaging, op note and office visits from
outside facilities. Places orders for physical therapy, imaging,
lab work, etc. as ordered by the provider.
- Works closely with the provider, nursing and other staff to
ensure quality patient care. Ensure patient confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and
- Compliance with HIPAA, OSHA and Red Flag rules.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Normal , Ortho Tech/CMA - Ortho/Sports Med, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!