Group Leader, Material Handling
Company: Rivian Automotive
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never simply
accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek
new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown.
Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the
outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Group Leader position is one of the most important here at
Rivian. Our group leaders motivate their teams to be their best and
drive best practices to hit production milestones. Our team members
and team leaders rely on the direction and support of their Group
leaders for every shift to provide leadership and motivation. This
position is based fully onsite in Normal, IL and reports to the
Material Handling Manager.
- Supervises the team(s) responsible for the material movement
and handling within the
warehouse or production facility.
- Manages the flow (inbound/outbound and internal replenishment)
of materials through
the warehouse in support of production to ensure delivery demands
and schedules are met
- Manages the unloading/loading of materials from inbound
shipments and the return of
dunnage and empty containers to suppliers/return centers
- Manages the internal material replenishment process.
- Provide input and support for material replenishment methods
and material flow
- Responsible for the quarantining and dispositioning of
non-conforming and scrap
- Drives resolution on non-conforming material to keep "hold"
material to a minimum.
- Coordinates operational changes with Quality, Production and
- Responsible for ensuring team exercises proper use and care of
- Coordinates activities with various Production Control
departments to resolve material
- Develop, implement, and utilize Key Performance Indicators
(KPI's) to drive business
decisions within your team's responsibility and across the
- Partner with peers and support organizations to drive
operational efficiencies, remove
barriers, and ensure seamless communication and balance of
priorities to drive
- Partner with internal customers making sure that there are no
gaps in the production
supply chain while maintaining a strong Lean manufacturing
- Ability to understand, maintain and support just in time
delivery when needed as well as
capacity to adapt to last minute/urgent demands from Production
Line and Internal
- Utilizes and drives Standardized Work (SOS) compliance through
- Responsible for managing material flows in a manner that
supports a FIFO strategy.
- Maintains high standards of inventory accuracy and manages the
cycle counting of
- Leads, develops and coaches Team Leaders and Team Members.
- Drives a process improvement culture by empowering employees to
improve their processes and supports their initiatives by
eliminating constraints and
resolving problems through a team-oriented approach.
- Maintains good labor practices.
- Maintain quality and safety standards in area of
- Trains, develops, and evaluates employees.
- Maintains employee's records regarding safety, ergonomics,
attendance, and O/T.
- Documents and communicates best practices, problem resolution
and performance data.
- Drives effective collaboration by cross training team across
different roles in production
- Visit customer locations & plants during major milestone events
to support the teams
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Multiple teams consisting of team
leaders and team
- Flexibility to work 2nd shift and/or off shift (ABCD)
- Experience with Warehouse Management System "WMS" Software such
as SAP Preferred
- 3 years of previous warehouse experience preferred.
- Working knowledge in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook
- Demonstrated leadership skills preferred.
- Ability to set tasks/responsibilities and drive
- Ability to think critically and utilize creative
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude.
- College degree preferred
- 3 years previous supervisory experience preferred.
- --- Ability to read and interpret documents such as
governmental regulations, safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before
groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply concepts of volume and demand planning to
establish labor plans.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or
- Ability to lead and communicate effectively in a high-pressure
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand; sit;
use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or
balance; and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, and ability to adjust
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is
required to communicate
using telephone and e-mail.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Ability to withstand exposure to solvents, fumes, heat, and
odors normally associated
with paint application.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Internal candidates interested in this position are required to
have spent 6 months in their
current position before moving onto another team.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is
accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability
or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the
search and application process, please email us at
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or
personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection
laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our
recruitment processes ("Candidate Personal Data"). This data
includes contact, demographic, communications, educational,
professional, employment, social media/website, network/device,
recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference
information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the
purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system;
(ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and
recruitment process, including assessing you and your application
and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii)
establishing an employment relationship or entering into an
employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal,
regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping;
(vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing
fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal
personnel who have a need to know such information in order to
perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team,
Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you
are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian's service
providers, including providers of background checks, staffing
services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate
Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the
United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this
data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law
enforcement and national security authorities of such
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from
third party application services.
Keywords: Rivian Automotive, Normal , Group Leader, Material Handling, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!