Echo Technologist - Cardiac Diagnostics
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: September 19, 2023
$5,000.00 Sign on bonus - External only
The Echo Technologist oversees technical procedures, patient care
and work flows in the echocardiography laboratory. Perform a full
range of cardiac diagnostic testing. Assist performing physicians
and sonographers in providing high quality echocardiographic
Associate's Degree in Ultrasound or Experience in Lieu of Education
- Education and clinical experience to be registry eligible for
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Diag Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS)(ARDMS) upon hire or
Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (CCI) upon hire and
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
Previous healthcare experience
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Positive attitude and proven willingness to assess and improve work
environment. Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks while
coordinating patient flow.
- Performs routine and complex echocardiographic sonography
imaging procedures following departmental guidelines.
- Demonstrates acceptable imaging quality standards by critiquing
positioning, technical factors and alignment. Reviews patient data
for accuracy, quality and completeness.
- Documents accurately and completely.
- Cross-trains to other divisions of CV Services.
- Administers contrast when needed and not contraindicated.
- Completes documentation of studies performed and charges in
Epic as well as complete preliminary info in Xcelera system for
- Is included in a rotation of call thru the week and on weekends
with other Team members.
- Is Team minded and provides compassionate care and quality
studies to our community of patients.
- Performs all forms of Echo testing (Exercise Stress; Dobutamine
stress; Echoes; Pediatric echoes; Tranesophageal echoes) in a
- Seeks to advance their knowledge in all aspects of Echo with an
open mind to constructive learning and teaching.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Normal , Echo Technologist - Cardiac Diagnostics, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!