Sr. Security Consultant
Company: Burwood Group
Posted on: March 3, 2020
Sr. Security ConsultantWho We Are
Burwood Group is not your average technology consulting firm. We
are an innovative, culture-driven, industry leader and we are
growing our team by leaps and bounds. Founded in 1997 in Chicago
(and still headquartered here), we've grown to be a 200+ employee
firm with people and offices spread from Southern California to
NYC. Our specialty is closing the gap between business strategy and
technology solutions. Our clients view Burwood as a trusted advisor
and partner who can help them select the best technology for the
job, manage and execute a first-rate implementation, and measure
project success by the business outcomes achieved. We are committed
to making sure our employees love their jobs and have been honored
with numerous employer-awards including: Fastest Growing Private
Companies, Best Place to Work for Millennials, Best Workplaces in
Technology, Best Place to Work for Women under 35 - and more.What
You'll DoThe Sr. Security Consultant responsibilities
- Provide design, implementation and support expertise to clients
and project teams
- Understand customer requirements and align with technology
- Manage and execute project level tasks and milestones
- Mentor junior and mid-level consultants
- Participate in business development and pre-sales
- Ongoing evaluation and improvement of internal processes
- Stay current on market trends, technologies and best
In addition, you will join a Center of Excellence where you'll
interact with your peers across the country to help develop best
practices and future solutions.Who You Are
- You have a strong IT and Consulting background.
- You have strong business acumen and are adept at communicating
across all levels how technical solutions solve business
- You stay up-to-date on the latest technology and security
trends, regulatory and legal compliance requirements,
vulnerabilities and security controls.
- You build relationships and bring considerable value,
partnering with clients as a trusted advisor.
- You provide leadership both internally and externally to move
work forward and meet objectives.
- You are dedicated to continual learning and staying current on
technology to always have a point-of-view worth sharing.
- You have excellent communication skills whether that be
in-person, over-the-phone or e-mail.
- You don't mind responsibility, you're accountable for your work
and dedicated to a job well done.
- You're willing to travel.
The Tech Stuff
- Strong understanding of network security architectures,
solutions, processes, frameworks, and components
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity and able to provide
strategic security advisory services
- Hands-on experience developing security policies, vulnerability
management, and governance strategies
- Hands-on experience working with Palo Alto Networks
- Hands-on experience implementing infrastructure and application
- Network protection including firewalls, IDS/IPS, SSL, VPN, and
- Incident response including security monitoring, network and
endpoint visibility, threat management, and forensics
- Identity management experience preferred
The PerksIf you ask any of our employees here at Burwood "what we
love", the top answer is always the same: our culture. Our
employees are driven, innovative, fun- loving, and always willing
to help. In addition to that, Burwood also offers some fantastic
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, with a 3% match
- Generous vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and
- Access to financial planning expertise
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion We are not intent on
being the largest company; but rather, the best. These are the
words we live by. This means we welcome all of the best talent -
regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation,
disability, religion and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts
and ideas not only strengthens company culture but also encourages
different-in-kind thinking and promotes economic success.
Keywords: Burwood Group, Normal , Sr. Security Consultant, Professions , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!